Earlier today, by the kind invitation of Lancaster, I was on the beauty panel discussion with Diana Ser(the charming and beautiful mother of 2), Dr JJ Chua (celebrity plastic surgeon) and Michelle Ong(Lancaster senior training manager).
We were discussing/sharing beauty tips, concerns, and generally anything to do with how to age more beautifully Alot of ground was covered so in order for this post to not become a book, just let me quickly put down the points I remembered.
- Sunblock is a MUST. If you don’t use it diligently, start doing so and get the entire family in on it (Even the toddlers!)
- When do you start using anti-ageing products? When you can afford it. (That really was the answer!)
- To maintain youthfulness, #1 would be a healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise), #2 would be your skincare regime and #3 to #200 would be the variety of cosmetic ‘pick me ups’ Dr JJ very candidly shared. Botox, fillers, IPL, dermage, etc.
- Better to save money for good skincare items that work, than to spend on cheap/pariah products that might harm your skin. Eg: Cheong shades make your pupils open wider (that’s what it does when there is lesser light) and allows more harmful UV rays in because cheong shades dont offer protection. Very Bad for your eyes!
- There are products that plump up your lips because they too suffer the effects of ageing. I thought only eyes and cheeks require care and attention.
- Diana shared that applying moisturiser to your tummy, butt and thigh and breasts are A MUST THE MOMENT you are pregnant. The experts too agree that this is very effective in preventing stretch marks because prevention is always better than cure. From stretch marks to wrinkles and dark spots.
- Diana also shared that a few weeks ago, she learnt that even with just a makeup base on, one must ALWAYS use a makeup remover before cleansing.
- If you have a whole lot of creams (anti ageing/lifting/whitening/firming/softening/hydrating/SPF) to apply everyday, you can put them all on your hand and apply it at one go instead of doing them individually. Dr JJ says it’s ok to mix ‘em up!
- IPL treatments vary in price and it’s important to find a trustworthy place because you can get burnt if it’s not applied professionally. On the Face.
- My personal ‘routine’ when I have consecutive long days, is a mud mask to remove impurities, and a hydrating mask to replace moisture. Drink lotsa water!
Alot more ground was covered but these are the bits I remembered thought important. I don’t have any pics from the event cos they’re o my manager’s cam, but here’s one I got on my phone for twitter
Btw, I love my dress from Trixilini !!!